This is a practical evening looking at long exposures and light painting.
Where: Brooklyn NSW – see below on how to get there.
Meeting at Parsley Bay Boat Ramp – George St Brooklyn at 6.30pm
- Brooklyn Cemetery
- Helicopter Pad for Star Trails
- Other options – Hawkesbury River Bridge can be photographed from the Estuary Restaurant and Deerubban Boat Ramp or on the Old Pacific Highway Bridge, Brooklyn Railway Station, and Brooklyn Oval for boardwalk and mangroves.
Date: 5th August 2019
Time: Evening from 6.30pm
What to Bring:
- Camera – that can take 30 second exposure
- Remote shutter – if you have one
- Tripod – necessary
- Torch – if you have one for seeing your camera settings in the dark and for light painting
- If you have any props you think might be useful bring them along.
How to get there:
- Take the M1 Freeway over the Hawksbury River and take the Hawksbury River exit.
- Follow this straight through the roundabout and turn right at the T intersection
- Go over the old bridge and take the 2nd turn left
- Follow the road until you come to the pub on the right
- Turn right and follow this around till you see the boat ramp parking.
We will meet near the water.
For a map of the area click here https://goo.gl/maps/2UkmdWeWeNXiZDhZ6
Safety is important as the ground is uneven. Wear warm clothing and enclosed shoes and bring water or hot tea/coffee.
Also please be aware of others around you and ask if it is ok to turn on a torch so you don’t ruin others’ photos.
The backup plan if weather is storming/raining is that we will meet at the church hall in Pennant Hills.
0481 345 320