Our second competition cycle for 2018 is now complete. All scores have been entered, checked, and published on the MyPhotoClub Website.
The results are now available for you to see. The instructions for viewing competition images and results can be viewed by clicking on the following link. They are also on the Club Documents Page and on the MyPhotoClub page on our old website. The pointscore tables’ presentations have been revised. You can now view by month and by year.
Last months some members engaged in discussions about the images. We encourage members to make comments and discuss images in a respectful manner.
We continue to learn lessons on how best to use the MyPhotoClub system. Here are some points for entrants that will ease your task and also make it easier for judging and scoring:
- Leave yourself plenty of time by entering well before the deadline. Things do go wrong from time to time (eg. Internet down, printer not working, forgotten passwords etc), but leaving it till the very last minute makes it difficult for us to help you and you may miss out on entering the competition.
- Entrants must print and attach the system-generated labels to their prints. We have to take an audit of prints on competition night to see that all prints are present and those present have been correctly entered on the system. The labels provide the information we need to identify the entries and the entrants. We will toughen our response to non-compliance and so we need your cooperation to avoid any unfortunate incidents of disqualification.
- Do print your labels when you enter your images on the system. You cannot print them after the competition closes. It is best to print them on an A4 sheet with the print size set to 50%, cut them out, and glue or stick them to the back of the print with double-sided tape.
- Please make sure you enter the correct category. Most competitions from now are both open and set. You can check and alter your entries anytime before deadline. It is wise to go back and verify your entry as being what you intended.
Congratulations everyone on a successful competition.
by Tony Strasser, 20 March 2018
It is just under one week until entries close for our next photo competition. Competition 1802 is set subject only: “Water, moving or still, is the main subject, not the attractive woman under the waterfall or the surfer on a wave”.
The competition will close to entries at 11:45pm on Sunday 18th March 2018. Late entries will not be accepted!
Please note that there is an error in the form allowing the selection of open entries. Please only enter and select the set entries.
Important: Print entries must attach the MyPhotoClub generated labels as they show the entry identifier which both indicates the entry was submitted on-time and which makes it much easier for us to find them on our scoring sheets. Entries without system-generated labels may not be admitted for judging.
by Tony Strasser, 11 March 2018
Thanks for having me last night, it was great to meet everyone!
Just a quick note regarding the upcoming workshop and the special club deal.
The link to the workshop is here – https://www.australianphotographer.com/sydneyworkshop-of-wizardry
The workshop is at Dee Why RSL on the 7th of April
Tickets are $279 Currently $249 for the Early Bird Sale
Plus every person attending receives:
- Easy Way Photography Essentials Online Photoshop Workflow course – Beginner
- Easy Way Photography Accelerator Online Photoshop Workflow course – Intermediate
- Easy Way Photography Turbo Online Photoshop Workflow course – Advanced
- Plus a special extra bonus my new 5 Minute Magic Lightroom Workflow
- Click this link to purchase your ticket – https://www.australianphotographer.com/sydneyworkshop-of-wizardry
- Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm you are from Pennant Hills CC for your free Lightroom Bonus
Adam Williams. M.Photog
M: 0447 263 772
Adam Williams Photography
by Tony Strasser, 6 March 2018
It is a pleasure to announce that our first competition cycle is now complete. All scores have been entered, checked, and published on the MyPhotoClub Website. There were a few glitches on the way but we got there. Thank you everyone for your cooperation and assistance in achieving the results. It has been a big learning curve for all of us.
The results are now available for you to see. The instructions for viewing competition images and results can be viewed by clicking on the following link. They are also on the Club Documents Page and on the MyPhotoClub page on our old website.
Competition entries will also start appearing as featured photos on this site. One will appear on the home page, and several are distributed through the “About the Club” page. The images that appear there are random.
We have learned some lessons on how best to organise the judging process for ease of scoring. More information will be released about that shortly.
So well done everyone. The competition year is off to a good start.
by Tony Strasser, 24 February 2018
A big thank you to all Club Members who contributed to making our first photo competition using MyPhotoClub a success. We had what appears to be a near-record number of entries on display, and all photos shown were of a very high standard. So well done!
There are a couple of things that Members need to ensure they have done in order to successfully finalise this competition and to have their competition points awarded:
- If you have not submitted images, titles and categories for your entries on the site using the competition entry form, then we cannot include, nor score, your entry. Please complete this step as soon as possible. Competition 1801 remains open for retrospective entries until 11:45pm next Saturday 24th February. That is plenty of time and there will be no extensions.
- Only financial members will accrue points on the system. A red “Renew Membership” button will appear on your home page if the website does not know about your membership renewal. If you have paid by cash or bank transfer then please register your payment on the system by clicking on the red Renew Membership button and fill in the form and submit it. You will then, after a day or so, receive confirmation of renewal and the red button will disappear. If you do not renew and you do not register renewal online, then you will not receive competition points!
Instructions on how to do the above have been posted on the site and on our old website.
Thank you to members that have already done all these things. You will receive full credit for your entries.
Finally, the next competition will be run using the new process. Entries are to be made before before deadline. No entries will be accepted after the deadline! We will send you a reminder 2 weeks ahead of deadline so you don’t forget. All competitions for the year are available for entry already, so you have plenty of time to start building your portfolio of entries on the system, and to change your mind as you wish.
Thanks for your forbearance and cooperation as we make this important change to the administration of our Club and its competitions. With your help it will be a complete success.
As always, if you need assistance then please do not hesitate to ask any of the Committee.
by Tony Strasser, 20 February 2018
At this time of year Club members are being asked to renew their memberships of the Club. Previously the Treasurer has sent an email to all members requesting payment by bank transfer (preferably) or by cash at a Club meeting.
The MyPhotoClub website now includes a facility for members to register their renewal (or initial) payments. A facility to use PayPal for this purpose is also provided. Be aware though that PayPal deducts a small commission on the way through, so the Club will not receive the total amount paid. It is however a quicker and more automated method.
The instructions for using this new facility are enclosed below. As always, the Committee stands ready to assist if a Member requires assistance.
by Tony Strasser, 17 February 2018
by Tony Strasser, 13 February 2018
A set of instructions describing how to enter a photo competition using MyPhotoClub has been created and posted on this website (link below) and on our old website on the MyPhotoClub page under the More… menu.
All competitions have been created and are open for entries to Members. Please register your entries in the competitions using the relevant entry forms per the instructions. Members will be asked to register all entries for the year, including for the first competition, so that scores can be recorded and tallied.
by Tony Strasser, 11 February 2018
Members of the Club will soon begin receiving notifications that they have been registered on MyPhotoClub, and also that they have been approved as members of the Pennant Hills Photographic Club website on MyPhotoClub.
The next thing to do is to log-in, review your account settings and complete your profile. The document below provides the instructions on how to do this.
by Tony Strasser, 7 February 2018
Pennant Hills Photographic Club, welcomes all photographers to be part of our club and community and improve and enhance your skills. Our club aims to mentor, support, educate and enhance your skills and passion for photos and to make the experience enjoyable.
For information on the club and how to join please have a look at this page : Information about the club (opens in a new tab)
by MyPhotoClub Colin, 22 June 2017